Adrian Johnson joined Strategy Regeneration in early 2011 with a specialty in media and communication. Adrian has been practicing innovation as an Internet and media entrepreneur since 1993. From 3D animation to Voice Over IP and online video, Adrian has been a pioneer in the innovative use of new technology to provide value.
Adrian is the Principal Director of Inheritance Media (www.InheritanceMedia.com), which creates cross-media platforms. The projects that he has worked on to date include:
• Film crowd financing and marketing, Web Producer. Designed, conceived and managed the building of the web site to involve the audience in the making of “The Laughter Clinic”, a $6m budget comedy feature film (www.LaughterClinic.com). Managing the promotion of the site through social media sites … Facebook, Twitter, Blogs … Building financial model and writing business plan for the acquisition of traditional investors.
• Video pitching and social networking platforms. Built the platform for Amphi Media, a private online video and feedback platform for training, coaching, recruitment, candidate selection, collaborative projects and professional and personal development. Developed the video profile platform for the October 2010 i7 technology and innovation summit.
• Film festival management software (Eventival). Conceived and developed the business plan and technical template. Negotiated with international film festival managers. Managed finance and accounting functions of the company. Managed the deployment of the software at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival.
• Business development for Internet Video on Demand Platform (Qinova Media GmbH) Built white label Internet Video on Demand platform. Negotiated acquisition of distribution rights with film and TV content owners in Europe, USA and Latin America.
Before starting InheritanceMedia, Adrian founded and managed four successful businesses between 1994 and 2007, including:
• MrFootage (www.MrFootage.com) Proprietary web platform for searching and screening of moving image stock footage. Co-Founder. Managed the growth of the catalogue to over 300,000 clips being licensed to the advertising, television and film industries.
• INTBASE S.A.S Web application solutions – video-on-demand, e-commerce and management information systems. Founder and President. Management information system for France’s leading Sun Microsystems distributor (INFIDIS S.A.) as well as sales and distribution system for telephone ring tones (Sonic Object).
• POPTEL Telecommunications AG. Germany’s first phone-to-phone Internet Telephony Provider, pioneer and model for NextGen Telcos Co-Founder and Director, CTO and interim CFO. Negotiated a 20M trade sale of the company in 1999.
• ARCHIMATION. 3D Visualisation and Animation (www.archimation.com) Co-Owner. Negotiated a sale to the employees in 1997, the company is still running strong today.
Although Adrian is not German he began his career in 1992 working as an M&A Manager for Treuhandanstalt, a privatization agency of former East German enterprises based out of Berlin and Dresden.
With an Electrical Engineering degree from Imperial College in London and an MBA from INSEAD in France, Adrian has built on this educational base with practical execution in his ventures in the UK, Germany and France.
Adrian is British, but spent his childhood in Sierra Leone, Kenya, the USA and the UK.